Slammers Basketball presents our annual Pro tryout tournament, in Bonn-Germany Friday May 24th - Sunday May 26th, 2019.
( Friday, Saturday and Sunday) depature Sunday night after 8 p.m. or Monday morning.
It’s the 20th year, that Slammers offers a tryout tournament for professional players.
This tournament is offered for men and women who would like to play as a professional player in Europe. Many coaches will be coming to watch players in order to find the right player for next season.
The tournament is in the city of Bonn. Bonn is 15 minutes away from Cologne/Bonn airport.
Germany’s Basketball leagues are one of the top leagues in Europe.
- Teams from division 1 to division 5 hire professional players
- A neighbour country of Germany is Belgium, about 1 hour away from Bonn by car
- The Netherlands is also only 1 hour away by car
- From Paris, France to Bonn it is 4 hours by car
- A flight from London, England takes 1 hour
- Switzerland is 3 hours away by car
- Austria is only 6 hours away by car
- To Luxembourg you drive 2 1/2 hours
- Italy only 5 hours by car.
There are different leagues and teams in all these countries who hire players.
Bonn itself has one of the top men teams and close to Bonn there are several D2 and D3 teams. No further than 50 miles away, you will find another four div 1 men’s teams and three division 2 teams. For the women there are another three div 1 teams and five division 2 teams. Bonn is a medium size city with 360.000 populations. Since 1996, Bonn is a host city of the United Nations. 12 UN organisations have settled on the banks of the Rhine River, amongst them the UN Climate Secretariat and the UN Volunteers.
Cologne/Köln is the next biggest city with a population of over 1 million people. It is 10 miles away from Bonn. The city is very international. It has a very big University and it known for the best physical education in the country. Cologne is also a city that never sleeps.