To be a professional player
Before you make the decision to play as a professional player, you should read all the information that are given here. Please read also the experiences other players made.
Playing basketball as a paid player is a full time job!
The team that hires you expects from you:
- that you arrive in 100% playing shape, able to play 40 minutes.
- they expect you to be better than the local players who don´t get paid.
- they expect you to be a leader on and off the floor.
- you are responsible for your own fitness level. You are responsible for staying in shape and healthy.
- they expect you to get up in the morning and that you adjust to the different time zone . It doesn´t look good if you stay in bed all day and get up at 4 p.m. while getting to bed at 6 a.m.
- they expect you to communicate with the team and the management and the club members
- never compare yourself with local players, there are different rules for them. They normally don´t get paid, they work and go to school.
- they expect you to be the top player on the team. They expect you to take responsibility during the game.
- the coach is not there to make you better – you are there to make the team better!
- be sure to expect that all loses are blamed on you.